Short answer: Absolutely! To offer the best client experience, we recommend setting it up in the following way...
Skeb popularized the “no revision, no contact, pay what you want, prompt-based-type commissions” and we’re totally for it.
To offer these in the most user-friendly way, we recommend the following.
1. Name the service: “Surprise me”
We did a poll on Twitter a while back asking if clients understood what “Skeb-like” means and many people did not, preferring the “Surprise me” name better.
2. Include a proper description of how your Surprise me commissions will work
- client send request + with PWYW offer (min $X)
- artist creates, complexity based on $ offered
- no communication / updates
- client gets whatever is created, no revisions = surprise!
3. Include a field to collect how much clients would like to offer for the PWYW (with minimum)
Be sure to also include fields for providing prompts and reference!